IAITAM CHAMP TRAINING
Designed to address the numerous issues plaguing professionals in managing hardware assets, the IAITAM Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (“CHAMP”) Course follows the lifecycle of IT hardware assets beyond the scope of the cradle to grave analogy and discusses the business practices that can best be used to manage those assets efficiently and cost-effectively. Emphasis is placed on identifying the policies that enhance lifecycle management. In general, policies are only effective if developed by a cross-section of the impacted departments, are reviewed frequently to remain current and are consistently communicated and enforced.
There are so many ways that Hardware Asset Management can benefit the organization. In today’s economy and the reduction of IT budgets, finding those savings are more important than ever. Organizations that had never heard of asset management are now educating their staffs and implementing the business practices in order to maximize every dollar spent. The best measure of success for the Hardware Asset Manager is capturing these savings and showing the percentage of total IT hardware budget that was freed up to fund other projects in the organization.
Onsite and Online Courses
Contact Us For Pricing
CHAMP Course Dates
All courses are instructor-led and delivered virtually.
Online Class Requirements
Students will benefit from participating in live discussions over WEBCAM and should take every opportunity to test the Microsoft Skype for Business ® conference software prior to the start of class (see your class schedule). High bandwidth connections are required (3.0 Mbps minimum) for video and audio.
Full Refunds (minus processing fee) are given up to 30 days prior to the scheduled class date. Within 30 days, 50% refund will be given. If less than 2 weeks, NO REFUND will be given, though you may opt to reschedule your class date.
Class registration closes two weeks prior to class. If there is a pressing need for a seat, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘LATE REGISTRATION’ and your contact information. We will do our best to get you a seat, but we cannot guarantee availability.
• Introduction to IAITAM
• Instructor Introduction
• Student introductions
• ITAM Code of Ethics
• Communication and Education Management Overview
• Policy Management in Hardware Asset Management
• Core Processes for Effective Policy Management
• Self-Assessment and Action Planning
• Setting Up the Hardware Asset Management Program Hardware Asset Management Standards
• Planning and Implementing Change
• Measuring Success
• Procurement Through Acceptance Processes
• Negotiations and Pricing Structures
• Vendor Management
• Receiving – Centralization, Tagging Methodologies, Defective Equipment, Outsourcing
• Managing The Life Of The Asset
• Support Infrastructure – Policies, Developing Life Cycle Processes And Procedures
• Working With The Help Desk – Tools, Life Cycle Deployment, IT Framework Implementations
• Managing The Inventory
• Discovery Tools – Technical Characteristics, Functionality
• Ownership Repositories – Characteristics, Phased Implementation, Evaluation
• Choosing The Right Level Of Detail
• Distribute, Dispose or Redeployment
• End Of Lease – Asset Tracking, Contractual Implications
• DataCenter Power Consumption and Green Initiatives
• Disposal Management – Legislation, Logistics, Data Removal, Documentation, Reuse
• Questions and Review Before Test
Want to Become A Training Partner?