IAITAM CHAMP TRAININGCourse level: Basic- Minimal to no experience required
Designed to address the numerous issues plaguing professionals in managing hardware assets, the IAITAM Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (“CHAMP”) Course follows the lifecycle of IT hardware assets beyond the scope of the cradle to grave analogy and discusses the business practices that can best be used to manage those assets efficiently and cost-effectively. Emphasis is placed on identifying the policies that enhance lifecycle management. In general, policies are only effective if developed by a cross-section of the impacted departments, are reviewed frequently to remain current and are consistently communicated and enforced.
Wednesday, June. 26th, 2019 –
Thursday, June. 27th, 2019
Day 1- Course Outline
– Introduction to IAITAM
– Instructor Introduction
– Student introductions
– ITAM Code of Ethics
– Communication and Education Management Overview
– Policy Management in Hardware Asset Management
– Core Processes for Effective Policy Management
– Self-Assessment and Action Planning
– Setting Up the Hardware Asset Management Program Hardware Asset Management Standards
– Planning and Implementing Change
– Measuring Success
Day 2- Course Outline
– Procurement Through Acceptance Processes
– Negotiations and Pricing Structures
– Vendor Management
– Receiving – Centralization, Tagging Methodologies, Defective Equipment, Outsourcing
– Managing The Life Of The Asset
– Support Infrastructure – Policies, Developing Life Cycle Processes And Procedures
– Working With The Help Desk – Tools, Life Cycle Deployment, IT Framework Implementations
– Managing The Inventory
– Discovery Tools – Technical Characteristics, Functionality
– Ownership Repositories – Characteristics, Phased Implementation, Evaluation
– Choosing The Right Level Of Detail
– Distribute, Dispose or Redeployment
– End Of Lease – Asset Tracking, Contractual Implications
– DataCenter Power Consumption and Green Initiatives
– Disposal Management – Legislation, Logistics, Data Removal, Documentation, Reuse, • De-manufacturing
– Questions and Review Before Test
Online Class Requirements
Students will benefit from participating in live discussions over WEBCAM and should take every opportunity to test the Microsoft Skype for Business ® conference software prior to the start of class (see your class schedule). High bandwidth connections are required (3.0 Mbps minimum) for video and audio.
Full Refunds (minus processing fee) are given up to 30 days prior to the scheduled class date. Within 30 days, 50% refund will be given. If less than 2 weeks, NO REFUND will be given, though you may opt to reschedule your class date.
Class registration closes two weeks prior to class. If there is a pressing need for a seat, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘LATE REGISTRATION’ and your contact information. We will do our best to get you a seat, but we cannot guarantee availability.
Meet Your Instructor
Director of Training
Ethan Smith has over 22 years of professional experience implementing sustainable IT Asset Management and IT Service Management programs. He also has competencies in security, networking, operations, and teaching. Most recently, Ethan is focused on improving SAM awareness, knowledge and skills through leading Anglepoint’s SAM School. Previously, he managed the Anglepoint SAM tooling services team which provides clients with expert assistance and asset discovery solutions for license compliance reporting.
Prior to joining Anglepoint, Ethan was the Practice Lead for distributed IT Asset Management at IBM Corporation, establishing a Center of Excellence and IBM PartnerWorld Software Asset Management accreditation program. He also designed and implemented ITIL inspired solutions for clients in the Financial, Manufacturing, Legal, Transportation, Communications, Retail, Insurance, Hospitality, Healthcare, State and Government sectors.
Ethan holds over 34 certifications from IAITAM, IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, and other companies. He is a repeat guest speaker at multiple IBM and ITAM/ITSM conferences. Ethan attended Materials Science & Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY and is a certified technology trainer.
IAITAM Training Partner
We are partnering with IAITAM for this training.
Become a Training Partner
Want to become a training partner? Let’s talk.